Ryan joined the firm as a clerk in 2012. Ryan grew up outside of Unadilla and graduated from Syracuse High School. Ryan is married to Leslie (Watermeier) who grew up on a farm outside of Syracuse. They have three children, Oliver, Reagan and Calvin.
Ryan is a Captain in the Nebraska Army National Guard and worked full-time with the National Guard between graduating from college and beginning law school. Ryan is Airborne qualified and has completed numerous airborne jumps while a Detachment Leader in an Airborne Infantry company. He also serves as Legislative Chairman for the Nebraska National Guard Association and has drafted veteran legislation and testified in several legislative hearings on behalf of the National Guard Association and the Nebraska Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Ryan’s practice areas are municipal law, estate planning, real estate transactions, and agriculture and natural resources law. Ryan enjoys golf, hunting and being outdoors whenever he can.
- 2014 University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. with distinction
- 2010 University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
- Nebraska State Courts
- Iowa State Courts
- Nebraska Federal Court
Honors & Awards:
- Moot Court Board
- Program of Concentrated Study in Agricultural & Natural Resources Law
- Mortar Board National Honor Society
- Protecting Whistleblowers in the Uniformed Services: A Unique National Security Dilemma, 64 Lab. L.J. 128 (September 2013)
- How to Protect Water Rights in a Real Estate Transaction, National Business Institute Agricultural Water Law (May 2015)
- Nebraska Supreme Court Disciplinary Review Board
- Otoe County Pheasants Forever
- Nebraska National Guard Association
- Legislative Chairman
- Board of Governors
- American Legion Post #100
- Nebraska City Rotary
- Nebraska City Young Professionals Network
- Federalist Society
- Farmhouse Fraternity