J.L. Spray is a lifelong resident of Lincoln and has worked for the firm since 1984. J.L.’s expertise focuses on commercial litigation, including corporate and real estate disputes, and estate litigation. J.L. has also handled many campaign related matters including compliance, election contests, and initiative petition issues. J.L. is also a leading attorney for investors rights, and is a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA).
J.L. is presently the Chairman of the Nebraska Republican Party and a member of the Republican National Committee. From 1987 to 1992, J.L. served as an Administrative Law Judge for the Nebraska Department of Labor. He served two different terms on the Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission, overseeing campaign practices and government ethics, and seven years on the Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission. J.L. is currently a member of the Commission of Industrial Relations which resolves disputes involving certification, wages, and prohibitive practices between municipalities and public employee unions.
- 1986 University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
- 1983 University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
- Nebraska state and federal courts
- Iowa state and federal courts
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
Honors & Awards:
- National Moot Court Team
- Trial Advocacy Team
- Mortar Board Honor Society
- Nebraska Comission of Industrial Relations, 2012-Present
- Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission, 2005-2012
- Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission, 1992-1998
- Nebraska Department of Labor Administrative Law Judge, 1987-1992
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- House of Delegates
- Nebraska Supreme Court Advisory Committee, Past Chair
- Lincoln Independent Business Association
- Lincoln Lodge #19 AF AM, Past Master
- Scottish Rite Preservation Foundation
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- Beta Theta Phi, Alpha Tau Chapter